At Zenful Pottery, we believe we are stronger together and are growing our community with the goal of fostering community, creativity, diversity, and innovation.
Interested in one of our open positions? Send us an email with your current resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zenful Pottery is looking for a talented, resourceful and innovative Production Assistant to support our growing team. A hybrid job with a little bit of everything, you’ll be an integral part of our core team as we expand our operations. With an emphasis in production, the majority of your role will be assisting in the fulfillment of wholesale orders, being involved with the entire life cycle of the piece, from shaping the wet clay to glazing it for its final firing.
About The Role
- Take part in day to day production, using a mixture of wheel throwing, molds, and hand building.
- Support production work through clay and glaze preparation (wedging, throwing, mixing, sieving, application, etc)
- Collaborate on product design and implementation
- Provide input on process improvement throughout company operations
- Assist with managing day-to-day building facilities, maintaining a clean and safe workspace
- Help with shipping orders and receiving inventory
- 1-3 years experience in clay
- Intermediate wheel throwing skill, able to throw 8” canisters consistently
- Proven administrative ability with meticulous attention to detail
- Friendly and effective communicator with sound written and verbal capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to adapt to change and respond positively when faced with new challenges
- Able to work autonomously, investigate and think analytically to problem-solve
- Competent in Microsoft and Google platforms
- Can-do attitude, helpfulness, organization skills, flexibility, reliability and integrity
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible hours, with ability to set your own schedule
- Ability to do some work at home
- Free access to studio resources, including kiln firings for personal work.